In the spirit of self collaboration then, I ran the Toronto Marathon's 5K this morning. Does this sound confusing? Does it give you the impression that I ran a marathon instead of a 5K? Good. Stay with that thought.
In all seriousness though, the Toronto marathon is actually a little cluster of runs. There's the 5K, a half marathon, and then the marathon itself. That's a neat idea, really. Everyone's out running today, no matter what their skill levels are. It's a little inspiring for people like me, too. Maybe someday I'll run the marathon... or maybe not. That would really take a lot of dedication, not to mention improvement. Who knows though, right?
Honestly, I just had the greatest time this morning. The air was cool, my body felt great, and I even managed a little sprint-like thing at the end of the race. I finished in 31 minutes and 9 seconds, which is not all that impressive, but I'm really happy with it. And it gives me something to work for. Next time I run, maybe I can do it in less than 30 minutes.
1 comment:
Congratulations! That's really great.
Post a Comment