The scene: a public waiting area
Me, talking to Oliver: "...And then I biked across the lake, and I was amazed at how easy it was. It was the middle of the night, and I had to sneak into these two houses and deliver letters of recommendation. It was really important though, that no one saw me. I docked my bike at the first house and got in and out easily enough. When I got to the second house though, I remembered that I had to actually type the letter there. So I sat down - it was still pitch black outside but it was going to get light soon; I had to type fast.
"While I was typing though, all these people kept coming and talking to me. They were all adults with developmental disabilities, and they were really friendly. Eventually a cameraman came by and started filming me too - he was following these people around for a documentary. So I was sitting there, and kept thinking "being filmed isn't going to help me get away with this." And it was getting light too, which was dangerous. Eventually a woman came over to me and asked me how my round robin letter was going. I got really upset, because from what I understood I was supposed to be writing a letter of recommendation. I didn't know anything about a round robin letter. I mean, you can't just change things up on me like that."
Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a man staring at me. We make eye contact for a split second, then he looks away. It suddenly occurs to me: maybe he doesn't realize I'm talking about a dream.
10.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love reading your blog...I was really intrigued at what the heck you could possibly be doing, sneaking around with recommendation letters...
Post a Comment