It was a hectic week. Definitely good, but hectic. It didn't help that I spent my last day of "summer vacation" driving home from a trip to Canada, got home at 3am, then got up at 7am the next day for class (the photo from my previous post: do my eyes look bleary? They should). It probably wasn't the most responsible way to start graduate school, but it was worth it! A hundred times over! Anyhow, I like the image of Oliver and I speeding through our summer in some sort of fast-moving vehicle then screeching to a halt at school, where he kicks me out of the car and I roll into my first class. Did I mention yet that I had the greatest Labor Day weekend in recorded history?
Oliver and I went back to Canada for the weekend. Together with some friends from Toronto, we went up to Algonquin Park, the same place we snowshoed last winter. Quick stats:
7 people
3 canoes
1 "man overboard"
4 tents
1 pesky-yet-endearing chipmunk
3 days of refreshing lake swims
2 leech victims
1 pit toilet located in Blair Witch Project-like woods
6 fart jokes
17 manhours of laughter (not all connected with fart jokes)
20 thousand bottles of wine
20 million stars
20 billion times over the best way to end the summer
No comments:
Post a Comment