9.15.2008

Excuse me, I didn't quite get that last part... could you repeat?


The way my schedule came together, I currently have nothing scheduled on Fridays. No class, no work, no nothing. It's been wonderful. I get up in the morning, sit down to study, then continue studying as the day slips by and the sun sets. I've got a ton of work to do, but being able to do it from the comfort of my own home makes it less than work, somehow.

One of my diversions is listening to the kids and parents that pass by our place on their way to school. We live right next door to an enormous school, and it seems like kids ages 6-18 go there. Since it's still nice out and I have our windows open, I can hear snippets of conversations as people pass by. Eavesdropping is so much fun! I jotted down a few of my favorite exchanges:


older girl (screaming): You hate the color blue!

younger boy: No I don't.

older girl (still screaming): Yes you do!



father/adult supervision: It' s a song. (raps) "Put ya honey on, thug it on out." Say it.

little boy (4? 5?), feeling bad: I can't remember it.

f/as: All right, little man. C'mon, let's cross the street.



girl 1: You ain't got beautiful hair!

girl 2, weakly: Yes I do!

girl 1: Nah, it's just jacked up! (cackles wildly)

No comments: