So a little more about Christmas. Not to focus on the commercial or anything, but we got some pretty cool gifts this year. I think they're worth mentioning. For starters, Jeff got a "Spassblitz", the newest tech toy from Germany. Roughly translated as "fun lightning", the Spassblitz shoots an electrical current from one receptor to another upwards of three feet apart. The attached picture is actually a little more than three feet, I believe. Jeff really had to concentrate.
As if the Spassblitz wasn't cool enough, Oliver got a set of light sabers. Real ones! My parents got him the sabers, and they went through a lot to find them. Light sabers aren't legal of course, so my parents had to go through a black market dealer in Chicago who has connections to Hong Kong. My mom's got a great story about this. If you ever run into her, ask her about the skittish dealer, a miscommunication involving the word "undercover", and a roundhouse kick to my dad's face. Great stuff.
My own gifts paled in comparison with Jeff's and Oliver's. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I didn't ask for an Arby's hat or a pair of messed-up glasses, but I should be thankful that I have them. It's the thought that counts anyhow, isn't it?
(And if you're curious, I also got a camera for Christmas. It's a really fancy one, and you can do things like set the shutter to 40 seconds in a pitch-black room, turn the lights on for a second, turn them off again, then use a light to draw whatever you want into the picture. My camera of course, is completely unrelated to the Spassblitz, light sabers, hat and glasses. Those are all totally real.)
1 comment:
The Arby's hat really makes the outfit.
Post a Comment