12.16.2007

In The Thick of It


When we came home from Oliver's office Christmas party last night, it was snowing. When I woke up this morning it was still snowing. It hasn't stopped yet, and they're calling for more snow tomorrow. I've spent my Sunday immersed in different activities that can all be done while sitting near a window. Who doesn't love a good snowstorm?

Last year at this time it was still too warm for snow. I remember checking out the weather each day, hoping things had turned colder overnight. We went to a German Christmas market in mid December and I didn't need to button up the fallish/winterish coat that I had to stop wearing in late November this year. Maybe that's partly why I didn't get into Christmas last year. A refusal to experience an unnatural season - you're supposed to have white Christmases.

No worries now. This is maybe the 10th day it has snowed since Thanksgiving (American Thanksgiving). A lot of gray skies this past month, a lot of darkness and extra pieces of chocolate finding their way into my mouth... but a lot of
snow too.

No comments: