11.24.2007

Out of Sorts


All the leaves fell of the trees on our street this week, sort of in one big clump. We had one windy night, and the next morning they were everywhere. People started to rake them up and left them in big pil
es at the curb for the city to come by and suck up with its big leaf-sucking truck. Before the truck could come though, we had our first snowstorm of the year.

Everywhere you look now, there is a strange paste of ice, slush and bright yellow leaves. Is it fall? Is it winter? Too much. Just pick one season and go with it. I can't rake and shovel at the same time. (Or maybe I could. If I had a rake for one hand and a shovel for the other. I'd be invincible!)


In other out-of-sortsness, it was a strange Thanksgiving for me this week. Since they celebrate Thanksgiving in October up here, I had to work on Thursday and Friday. It was a little sad, actually. I had the feeling that one hour south of me, there were 300 million people kicking back and goofing off with their relatives. A big party I couldn't get in on.

My brother flew in to town Thursday, so that actually gave the day a Thanksgivingy feel, but we also opted out of turkey for dinner and ate stuffed shells instead. Was it Thanksgiving? Was it a normal Thursday? Enough already. Just pick and experience a
nd give it to me.

1 comment:

BeeKay said...

Happy belated U.S. Thanksgiving, anyway. Is Toronto similar to here in that it's now officially Christmas season everywhere you go?