11.28.2007

NN


It's time to start writing Christmas cards! Or more accurately, it's time to start feeling guilty that I haven't written Christmas cards yet. While forming lists and letters in my head, it occurred to me that now might be a great time to clear up a misunderstanding.


If you are reading this blog, there is a good chance that I'm on your Christmas card list. And if I'm on your list, there's a good chance that you'll be writing my last name on an envelope within the next month. And if you're writing my last name on an envelope, there's a good chance that you'll misspell it.

Don't feel bad! Just about everyone I know misspells my name. My own grandma misspelled it last time she wrote me a letter (Yeah, I know. She is sooooo off my Christmas card list). It's still a pretty new name, and everyone thinks it's easy to spell - but there are two Ns at the end, not one. You know, kind of like there are two Gs in Steffblogg.

This is new territory for me. My maiden name was so bizarre and Finntastic that when someone heard it for the first time, he/she knew there was no point in trying to spell it out alone. Now though, people seem to think they've got a handle on things. Oh, if only they knew.

No comments: