I'm 30 now. My birthday was last week and I've now officially crossed over to the other side. (Is it wrong to say that I miss my twenties?)
As I mentioned before, I've been seeing this as the start of something new. The first day of the rest of my life. What do I want to do with the rest of this life? I've been thinking it over for the last couple months, and have come up with a list. It is not a comprehensive list, and it's pretty much limited to tangible accomplishments - no "be a good person", or "live life to the fullest." Maybe I'll add things someday, and maybe I'll decide to take some things off. We'll see.
In no particular order then:
In no particular order then:
1. Do a round-the-world type trip. 4 month minimum.
2. Learn to knit.
3. Learn to sew.
4. Become fluent in German.
5. Visit every single country in Europe.
6. Volunteer somewhere, and become honest-to-goodness involved with the organization. Long term.
7. Re-learn to play the piano.
8. Learn about wine.
9. Make spirituality and the greater examination a central part of my life.
10. Become an excellent cook and baker.
11. Live abroad again - a few years. Preferably Germany, to make use of the German.
12. Get something published. An essay, an article. Doesn't need to be anything big.
13. Tell a story / read something I've written to an audience.
14. Go SCUBA diving.
15. Go on an extended hike - two weeks or more (periodic breaks in small towns allowed).
16. Become well read in philosophy.
17. Become well read in religion.
18. Spend time in an isolated cottage on a rugged seashore somewhere (Newfoundland? Maine? Ireland? Greece?)
19. Be an extra in a tv show or movie.
20. Become a runner. I've been dancing around it forever now.
21. Raise my children to be bilingual.
22. Win a small battle for the environment. Take my concerns beyond my own actions - try to make a small change for the rest of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment