1.13.2010

... Just because I love this picture





I don't have too much to say tonight. I came across this photo though, and had to post it. It's Oliver, in case you couldn't tell. He's a cute little baby of course, but my favorite part of the picture is the older gentleman sitting next to him. The man smiling down at him with that "look at my sweet little offspring" look on his face. It's Oliver's grandfather and dangit all if he doesn't remind me so much of Oliver. The eyes, the nose... (such a nose!) I look at this picture and imagine that I can see the man I will be married to in 30 years. At the same time I see him as he was more than 30 years ago. Past and future getting all mixed up. The chain of family and descendants moving forwards and backwards.


Good stuff.

No comments: