6.23.2009

Such Sweet Sorrow


I've been a-postin' on Craig's List quite a bit lately. Moving from a small to a smaller apartment means getting rid of some things... sigh.

Here is a paragraph where I piss and moan again about what a hassle this all is. How every year I have to do my little contortionist act when we move to a new place: The Amazing Steffkin sets up a kitchen that has
zero drawers! Stuffs three hiking backpacks, a sewing machine, and two laundry hampers into the small closet that holds all her clothes! Sits and whines because she knows she'll have to do it all over again in one to three years' time.

And here is the paragraph where I admit to myself that I really don't mind it all. I like keeping things small and simple. My apartment is a sleek, lean jungle cat. A sleek jungle cat that doesn't have the option to spend a Saturday at Target, buying a bunch of unnecessary crap for its apartment. Nice. And hey, maybe in a couple years we'll move to an even smaller apartment, just so I can challenge myself all over again: how much stuff can I fit in a small space and keep it from looking cluttered?

The big things all fit. Both our couches, our dining room table, our bed (though the box spring almost didn't make it). We only had to sell a couple, smaller items. Farewell kitchen cart and extra chair. You'll be missed.




More apartment photos to come...

No comments: