I thought I would throw a few photos up here - photos I've taken for my black-and-white photography class. I've got a lot to learn, of course. That much is obvious after a quick glance at my pictures. All the same, I feel proud of my little shots. No mere point and shoots these; I've fumbled around with film speed, shutter speed and aperture for each.
All the photos below were taken within a five minute walk of my apartment. Many are of the arch at Grand Army Plaza, the others on 7th Avenue.
3 comments:
The second shot is terrific.
That's so funny, because I was taken by the second shot as well. There seems to be such a story it it. I really like it! It's like a telling of the times. Statue of man on horse, while a guy on a bike rides right past. Seriously. I really like that one!!!
I like your compositions! I really like the last one, the historic statue top with the more 'modern design aesthetic' of the cobra-head street light adjacent. Sort of ...whimsical :)
Laura (in the process of changing my google account, signed it anonymous for now)
Post a Comment