4.05.2009

The Fevah


Moving fever, that is. It's been four days since we found out we have to move this summer, and in the past three days we've cruised Craig's List and considered living in the following places (in purple - our current apartment in red):


Apartment hunting drives me crazy. From the moment the search starts I'm seized with this panic that I'm going to miss out on a great deal somewhere. An adorable apartment in a great neighborhood for a low price. It's right... oops. Just slipped away. I search constantly, but always feel like I'm searching in the
wrong place. No no, not there! Go look at apartments in Brooklyn! No no, the Upper East Side! Have you seen how cheap the rents are up there?

Argh! Too many choices combined with pessimism (An apartment in the West Village for that price? It must be overrun with bedbugs.) leaves me paralyzed and restless. Should we stay in our current neighborhood? I kind of like this idea, but Oliver wants out. Maybe we move to Journal Square, a gritty part of Jersey City - a bit further from the city and a little more dangerous but a lot cheaper.

What about Brooklyn? That's where we'd like to move once school and all that is over. Why not move there now?

Ooh, but what about New York? The rents we're seeing are surprisingly cheap - some of them aren't even that much more than our current apartment. Still, we'll get half the space for the money...

Anyone feel like making a decision for me?

No comments: