12.02.2008

A Special Treat... Just for You

I really shouldn't be on Blogger right now. I should be working on one of the end- of- the- semester projects I'm avoiding. Something came along though, and I can't resist.

It is, quite possibly, the best picture I have ever been in. And ever will be in. It takes my breath away. It makes me want to be the best possible version of myself.

Picture the scene: Algonquin Provincial Park on the last weekend of summer. A golden sunset, a shimmering lake, a beautiful night. The end of a wonderful day. A young couple, camping with friends, sits together by the campfire. They are full of- overflowing with- love for each other and the life they have built together. Wine glasses in hand, they drink in their surroundings.


"We should have someone take a picture of us," says the wife, smiling softly at her husband.

"I will!" says a nearby friend. "You two look so cute right now, and the setting is perfect." The friend gets her camera, fiddles with the settings, and gets ready to shoot. "Smile, guys! This is going to be such a nice picture."













Click.

1 comment:

BeeKay said...

That's one of the greatest pictures I've ever seen. So perfect it almost looks Photoshopped.