Nostalgia is one of my favorite things. My own personal brand of nostalgia usually involves a bit of heartache too, and I like it that way. Nothing should be black and white, right? I like the pleasant memories mixed with a pang of sadness.
11.25.2008
Serious Toronto Nostalgia Tonight
Can I use stronger language? Can I say I miss it? I think I'll say that today.
Our Thorncliffe Avenue on a snowy day. Great big trees that made a green canopy in the fairer months. Housecats sauntering down the road, lounging under parked cars.
Our friends. Wonderful people who know how to live life. The hardest part of Toronto to leave behind.
Our neighborhood. I miss you Paul's Milk, Sak's Fine Foods, Magic Oven, Lily 88, Store with the Smiling Paper Bag Sign.
Downtown Toronto and its many streetcars. When's the last time I saw two streetcar drivers with crowbars in the middle of the road, trying desperately to fix the frozen/broken tracks? It's been too long.
Carefree life. Work until 5. Saturdays and Sundays all to ourselves. What do we feel like doing? Let's go do it. Right now. Or later. Because we'll have time later too.
Shoveling snow before work. Last winter was a snowy one, and I did a lot of shoveling. It was my one non-traditional-gender chore, and it always reminded me of my Wisconsin childhood. My mad shoveling skillz also impressed Oliver like nothing else.
Nostalgia is one of my favorite things. My own personal brand of nostalgia usually involves a bit of heartache too, and I like it that way. Nothing should be black and white, right? I like the pleasant memories mixed with a pang of sadness.
Nostalgia is one of my favorite things. My own personal brand of nostalgia usually involves a bit of heartache too, and I like it that way. Nothing should be black and white, right? I like the pleasant memories mixed with a pang of sadness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment