Um, we do.Has your boss ever come into you office on a Friday afternoon and asked this question? Oliver's did. Dangit all.
He came home that night and we let ourselves briefly indulge in fantasies of European living, fun accents and temperate climate. Not to mention adventure. The "somewhere else" that has always held us both in thrall.
We can't go, of course. I'm almost 1/3 of the way finished with school, and I'd like to see it through to 3/3. Oliver likes his co-workers and likes his current setup. We just moved here too; it feels like we moved here 10 minutes ago. There's no way we're going to just pick up and leave. Besides, we don't want to leave. We want to stay here for a number of years. Maybe get involved somehow, put down some root-ish things.
Still, the fantasy was a good one. After three solid days chained to my books and laptop (with no end in sight, I'd like to add), a walk along the Thames would be perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment