I got up early today and voted (picture above: me at my polling place this morning - to show the grandkids someday). Woo hoo! Election day! I've been looking forward to this day for a long time, and the voting experience has left me feeling great. Oliver even came with me, and even though he couldn't vote (convicted felons never can), he still got to be a part of the experience.
There was so much energy in the air! People came out of the booths and slapped each other on the shoulders. There were a lot of smiles, giddy jokes, reports of lines down the block over in New York City. The security guard near the door kept saying she'd never seen lines like this before, and she was all smiles. What a feeling! To be part of something together, to know that the entire world is watching what we do today. I don't often get the chance to feel like I'm part of a community. I do today.
Woo hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment