My biggest project by far is our dining room table. We bought it from a used furniture store in Queens a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty dang cheap. It was also, unfortunately, painted forest green and red. Ugh. I've spent many hours stripping paint and dodging flecks of poisonous paint stripper as they fly toward my eyes - it's been fun. It has also turned out to be one of those projects that suddenly becomes overwhelming and impossible once you're halfway through. Oh wait, you mean I have to finish this? Man...
5.15.2008
A Sudden Fit of Domesticity
Now that most of our things are put in their places, the apartment is starting to feel more like home. I still have a long list of things I need to do - touch up paint, hang things on the walls, and wash floors - but the place is more or less put together (pictures to follow sometime soon!). Now
that I've got the domestic wheels rolling, I'm gaining some speed. I made the first actual, several- different- ingredients- required meal in our kitchen last night, and we ate it on the back patio with a flickering candle in the background. I also bought some vintage tupperware canisters to store things like flour and our enormous stockpile of oatmeal. What's that, conscience? I shouldn't be buying vintage tupperware until I have some sort of paycheck coming in? Quiet, you.
My biggest project by far is our dining room table. We bought it from a used furniture store in Queens a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty dang cheap. It was also, unfortunately, painted forest green and red. Ugh. I've spent many hours stripping paint and dodging flecks of poisonous paint stripper as they fly toward my eyes - it's been fun. It has also turned out to be one of those projects that suddenly becomes overwhelming and impossible once you're halfway through. Oh wait, you mean I have to finish this? Man...
My biggest project by far is our dining room table. We bought it from a used furniture store in Queens a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty dang cheap. It was also, unfortunately, painted forest green and red. Ugh. I've spent many hours stripping paint and dodging flecks of poisonous paint stripper as they fly toward my eyes - it's been fun. It has also turned out to be one of those projects that suddenly becomes overwhelming and impossible once you're halfway through. Oh wait, you mean I have to finish this? Man...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think my mom has those Tupperware containers in yellow. Remember Tupperware parties? Do people still have them?
Post a Comment