5.07.2008

Nothing Notable

Some thoughts:

1. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that in the course of the last week, every single item I own has passed through my hands and demanded a decision re: where does this go? I've moved 9 times in the last 10 years (and that's not counting wussy, two-suitcase moves to Beijing and Toronto: Part 1), and the exhaustion that I never felt with those previous moves hit me nine-fold this past week. It doesn't help that I did all the unpacking (and packing, for that matter) by myself. Since Oliver works such long hours and I, um, don't have anything else going on right now, it's only fair that I handle all the details, boxes, books, bike paraphernalia, trinkets, picture frames, dishes, random pencils, etc. by myself. Fair, definitely fair. Argh.

2. What do you do when you want a job for just three months? Since I'll be in school come fall, I don't want a "real" job right now. I also don't feel like making $8 and hour or being a camp counselor. Temp agency? Bookstore? Random place where I'll end up working with a bunch of college kids home for summer break? Hm.

3. Number three... number three... guess I'm out of thoughts.

No comments: