Not that this is some incredible feat or anything, but I did it. I managed to go a month without watching tv. Watched a couple movies of course, but I don't count those.
It was a really good experience, and I plan to sort of keep on with it. This should be pretty easy actually, since Oliver returned our cable box this morning. It's funny too, because he was my biggest obstacle this last month. He just recently got really into King of the Hill, a show I used to watch regularly and he sort of turned his nose up at. All of the sudden though, he wanted to watch it every night, and wanted me to watch it with him. His reasoning: I haven't seen you all day and want to sit close to you but also want to watch this show. Hank is funny and he sells propane.
He also started getting sentimental about "our last week watching the Simpsons and King of the Hill together before the cable's gone". He even tried to get me to break the fast a couple times, worried that I was missing out on my last, golden moments with "the little yellow people".
It was a little weird then, when he woke up this morning - this, the first morning where my possible activities included watching tv - and decided to go return the cable box a week before it was due. Even weirder that he decided to bike there in the rain. He keeps denying that there's any strange psychology behind it, but I swear it's some subconscious... something.
2 comments:
Congratulations! I have at least one season of King of the Hill DVDs if you'd like to borrow them. Oliver didn't ride your DVD player off somewhere in the rain, did he?
I find I don't watch too much TV these days, with the exception of late-night Antiques Roadshow and Meerkat Manor when I remember. If I ever have the TV on mindlessly it's always HGTV. I'm such a dork. But once the network TV season starts up again, I'm going to have to watch Friday Night Lights, thanks to friends who sent me the first season on DVD. Damn them.
Ooh, King of the Hill dvds... I think I'll borrow those. I also might ask to borrow a couple L.M. Montgomery books. I never knew you were so into her. You know, I read all the Anne of Green Gables books when I was a kid. How did we never talk about them? Or did we talk about them and I just don't remember?
Post a Comment