She is 4 and a half months old now. How did this happen? Where is my floppy-necked newborn? Who is this bouncing, giggling baby?
As her personality emerges I find myself falling deeper and deeper in love with my sweet Liv. Liv, or Lovely Liv, Livly, Pork Chop, Livlet, Livstress, Livstress Liv-a-lot, Livsie, Livsie Lou, Girly Pearl, Pearl, Darly Bird... any one of the multitude of nicknames she has inspired. Her eyes are always wide open and her head is constantly turning from side to side. She doesn't want to miss out on any of the action.
Having not yet learned to speak, she is often silent. Her sweet, quiet presence contrasts so nicely with Nils and his boisterous, constant chatter. I look at her sometimes, looking at him with big blue eyes and raised eyebrows (surprised!), and I just want to take a bite of that tiny, upturned nose (my nose!). She is delicious.
Liv cries when tired, hungry, or bored with her baby gym. Otherwise she is happy and mild. She likes baths, and laughs hysterically every time I take off her clothes - tickles her neck, apparently. She wakes up from naps smiling. She does not like to snuggle, preferring instead to face away from whoever is holding her. Too much to see, I suppose. She adores her big brother.
Honest to goodness, I cannot believe there was ever a time that she was not a part of our family. How could she ever not have been here? How did I ever manage to enjoy myself, not yet knowing her?






1 comment:
I love this post. She's so adorable!
Post a Comment