For as long as I can remember I have wanted to have a family. I was never the girl who was crazy about babies or desperate to meet her husband, but I always knew that I wanted both. From time to time, when the situation warranted it, I imagined my future family in various scenarios. Their faces were always blurry. One of the neatest things about bringing Liv home has been the realization that we're all here now. No more blurry faces. This is my family.
Oliver goes back to work tomorrow, leaving me alone with Nils and Liv. I will freely admit to being a little terrified. Much more pleasant to contemplate is the fact that Oliver and I just spent the last two weeks hanging out at home with two people we invented. Amazing.
But seriously. Pray for me. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

No comments:
Post a Comment