10.31.2012

Sandy

       
It's weird. I feel like I should say something here. If I just put up another post with pictures of my kid, sweet-but-inane content, and exclamation points... it won't be right. It won't be fair somehow, and it won't feel right to me. But then what to say? Talk about my personal experience with the storm? That's ridiculous. It's trivial, self-centered, and in the face of such a broad swath of destruction it's a waste of time. Do I talk about the fear, then? My certainty that this was NOT the storm of the century, or even a once-in-a-generation storm, but the start of something new? I don't want to do that. Not here, anyway. I'll save all that for myself (because contrary to what the world keeps telling me, keeping things like this to myself actually feels better than sharing with anyone else).

I'll just keep this little paragraph then, and sit with this silence for a few days. That feels like the best thing I can do.

1 comment:

okcamp said...

Well said. My gut instinct is the same.

What can anyone say?

I don't see a way to follow your blog, so I'll paste your URL in my 'KEEP' file.

I hope you are safe.