O: When we have a second baby, that one can be yours.
A: Huh?
O: Nils will be mine. You can have the other baby.
A: Huh?
O: I get Nils.
A: Okay, I don't even know where to start with that.
O: And when he's 16, we'll bike from Germany to China. All the way across Eurasia.
A: That sounds really cool, but it might be a bit too much for me.
O: You're not invited.
A: Wha??
O: You can stay home with the other one. This will be a trip for Nils and I.
A: Wait a second...
O: And then once he's old enough, he and I will start our robot-making business.
A: Oh good lord, don't rope him into that. What makes you think he'll even want to be an engineer?
O: Please, it's so obvious. You've seen how he plays with his stacking cups and gears.
A: Suuure. Can you see me rolling my eyes?
O: You're just jealous because he's not going to be a librarian.
A: Still rolling my eyes. (Turns away to hide smile)
(Do you notice it now?)
2 comments:
Just wait until your second child is a champion biker and engineer! And ... Nils is the world-famous author who finally brings The Penpals to the masses.
Yes! I didn't even KNOW I wanted that done, but yes! He can digitize everything. And update the story - The Email Pals? The Texters? Maybe Sabrina's family goes off the grid in Alaska - no internet connection, no phone reception.
Post a Comment