Or maybe a hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism?
I had Kraft Dinner tonight. It was my second experience with K
Still, I can't get around it. I've eaten a lot of mac 'n cheese in my day, and I know what's good. I like to think that I'm often able to coax the fullest possible flavor out of a 50-cent box of the store brand stuff. I've got little tricks like boiling a minute less than the box tells you to, adding less milk, sometimes adding no milk at all. I rarely splurge on big king Kraft, but the times I've put down the extra 75 cents have been great. I love Kraft's long slender noodles, and how they hold up so well under the trauma of 7 to 9 minutes of boiling water.
Kraft Dinner tonight was okay. Just okay. I've heard a lot about "KD" over the years... mainly from that Barenaked Ladies song, but also somewhere in the long-term background. In the last year, I've also gathered that people here are proud of it. Someone even made it a point to tell me that the Canadian version is made differently than the American. I guess I was expecting too much. Or maybe I'm biased. In any event, I'm not impressed. The noodles are limp little elbow macaroni; pale, sickly attempts at the Kraft of my childhood. Oh crap, I think I've got the blue box blues.
No comments:
Post a Comment