9.07.2007
Not that I'm complaining or anything, because really, I'm not
The closing minutes of the work week, and I'm sort of working slash sort of scanning google for information on old acquaintances (Don't judge me). Make my way almost randomly to a fellow teacher from my time in Beijing. He was a good guy, and cool in a British rocker/soccer hooligan/chain smoker/aimless wanderer sort of way. It looks like he's still over there too, which is neat. So anyhow here I sit at 4:50, simultaneously doing some really menial work and catching a glimpse of his life from his profile on a facebook-esque website.
I'm a miserable shite currently living in Beijing. Made my way here via Deutschland, yin ge lan, norn iron and a short stint in espana. I teach feng le zhong guo renmin English, through the media of dance, music and incoherant mumbling.
Staple tax receipt stub to check photocopy. File in appropriate folder.
general interests: do you care? playing air guitar on a real guitar, singing in welsh and/or chinese or no identifiable tongue at all, making a scene at concerts, climbing great walls, shooting ak47's and druganov 75 sniper rifles, losing at chinese chess to old men in alleyways, drinking to please the winner, yong qun quan or whatever you like to call it...
$20 donation from Stan Pike... entered in database, categorized under "unsolicited individual donations 2007".
...scootaying at 4am, dodging traffic, dodging police, dodging pedestrians, paying for repairs to said scootay, (gotta admire that sino craftsmanship) going on holiday and pretending i'm not laowai, eating unconfirmed (food) products, rum, faith, bourjoisjiang, riding donkeys on mountains, riding little stout horses on the plains, riding camels in deserts, riding my luck in general
upcoming event registration sheet, complete with $10 registration fee. Registrant entered in Excel spreadsheet. $10 added to pile of cash and checks to be brought down to finance.
i think i might be getting the hang of it, at long sodding last. it might actually come together after all. Strike that last statement. i still have no clue what the devil is going on.
That makes two of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment