Evenings. Not the best part of our day. As lovely as the morning and afternoon may be, the hours between 5 pm (nap time ending) and 8:30 pm (bedtime) are a bit tough for everyone.
Nils, having been rudely awoken from his (late, long) nap, is often struggling to keep it together. Liv, making her way toward her own bedtime, slowly becomes less and less willing to be on her own (Hold me, woman! How many times do I have to tell you? Aaaah!). And me? I have run out of steam and run out of ideas. I limp to the finish line.
This drives me crazy. How/can I keep them happy? Why can't I just suck it up and keep myself going a couple more hours? Is there any way around this end-of-day tanking? There has to be a way around this.
Today's experiment called for a change of scenery. I packed a light dinner and we headed to Underhill playground. It was exactly what we needed.
Nils rode a backhoe,
Liv batted at things in an exersaucer,
And I, after realizing that there were Korean tacos nearby, decided we had time to cram in one more treat. Bedtime routines be damned. Solo parenting at bedtime every night: I have earned this taco.


1 comment:
Did Liv eat her whole taco? ;-)
Post a Comment