3.09.2009

One of These Days, Alice(on)...


I love playing husband and wife. Our marriage is real of course (do you hear me, INS? It's real!
Real!), but there are times when I step outside myself and see us playing it all like we're characters in a sitcom. A 1950s sitcom, complete with frivolous wife, put-upon husband and zany hijinks. It doesn't hurt that Oliver is currently our sole breadwinner, and that I always clean the bathroom. To every day its laugh track! Hilarity ensues! Case in point:

O: (coming in door from work, sees bags) You went shopping today? Again?

A: I did. You remember, right? I wanted to buy a suit for that thing?

O: Hm...

A: Only I didn't buy a suit after all.

O: (looks relived)

A: I bought shoes instead! Fun ones! I can't wait for spring!

O: Aaarghl! (strangled cry, mix of despair and rage)

Good times.


3 comments:

BeeKay said...

Those really are adorable. Too bad it's 0 degrees here.

Miss Taken said...

Those shoes are super cute!!! I can't wait for the proper weather to wear my flats - and hopefully aquire myself some like that! Don't get me wrong though, I am NOT asking for Summer. Just Spring. I hate hot weather.

alexandra said...

lovely shoes!!! :):)