Did she ever have the opportunity to serve Wheaton, Kensington, Silver Spring and Takoma Park? Was she able to keep Silver Spring and Wheaton development plans on track with a good mix of business, retail, housing and public amenities? Did the voters agree with Fran of Silver Spring when she said that Cynthia's intelligent, even-handed approach would serve them well?
Sudden, unexpected reminders of your past are great, aren't they? In recent years I've started keeping, in my wallet, some little bit of whatever last big trip I've taken. I had a ticket to the Acropolis in there for awhile, a pass to Denali National Park, a Beijing subway ticket. I love looking for change to buy a Twix bar and stumbling upon a sudden reminder of an exotic, far-away day. Or in this case, what feels like an exotic, far-away life. I remember being 23! Sharing an apartment with Susan, riding the subway to work on sunny mornings, wearing my Payless sandals and office-appropriate sundresses. I remember the thrill of being young, single, financially independent and new to the world of adults. Heading out with co-workers on Tuesday (?) nights for $2 happy hour cheeseburgers at M & S Grill. Talking about all kinds of serious things with my best friends over a pitcher of such and such bar's cheapest beer. Catching a glimpse of the Jefferson Memorial, lit up at night, from a car or subway window. Camping trips to Shenandoah with my $15 sleeping bag that never kept me warm.
Thanks Cynthia! Hope you won.
No comments:
Post a Comment